Very excited to announce a NEW CURRICULUM! This is a project I wrote with the help of a former student who became my co-leader.
What I’m most proud of about this curriculum is it’s not normal, dry or boring. We did our best to tackle a tough issue (sin) with innovation. We definitely met the goal. We even got awarded the Editor’s Pick and became a Staff Favorite.
You can purchase this 3-week curriculum at Download Youth Ministry.
DYM Editor’s Note: This is a really solid series. It has a fun and memorable theme, and it consistently finds creative ways to involve students in the curriculum. The scripts are well-organized and easy to follow. Overall, a top-notch resource.
It’s not a surprise in our world today that students would have very lax views of sin. They’re bombarded with ideas that are opposed to God’s way of living, and they’re exposed to alternative ways of living as the new normal.
Hamartia! is a high-energy, three-week series that helps students use a variety of learning styles to consider how sin may be holding them back in their spiritual growth. It then helps them learn how to deal effectively with sin for the long haul.
The goal of these lessons is to get students to live life for Christ more intentionally, as well as evaluate the decisions they are faced with every day.
Each lesson contains:
1. A leader guide with plenty of explanation for each element of the program
2. A low-prep game at the opening of the program. Each game is actually an object lesson that gets revealed in the closing part of the program.
3. Three discussion groups for students to break into. Each group takes a different aspect of the night’s lesson to present to the large group.
4. Closing comments
This Resource Includes:
• 3 Week’s Leader Guides (manuscripts)
• 3 Discussion sheets for breakout groups
• Object lessons